Thursday, October 25, 2012

Danielle's poem analysis assignment


The songs “You’re Beautiful” and “Beautiful Soul” are both songs that would seem similar, but they are actually completely different. “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt talks about physical beauty while the song “Beautiful Soul” By Jesse McCartney talks about inner beauty including personality and emotions. In “You’re Beautiful” he sings about how he saw a girl on a subway with another man, and how she is so beautiful but he doesn’t even know her. “She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man. You're beautiful, it's true”. In “Beautiful Soul” he sings about how he met a girl who he really likes for her personality. He doesn’t care if she’s pretty or not. “I don't want another pretty face I don't want just anyone to hold I don't want my love to go to waste I want you and your beautiful soul I know that you are something special “ Out of the two songs the values that I feel I connect with more would be “Beautiful Soul” by Jesse McCartney, because I feel that beauty fades but personality and emotion will always remain with the person. In a relationship that’s all about looks and superficiality, it will not last as you may not have the same morals or your personalities may clash. It is only through really  deeply getting to know someone that can make you have a successful relationship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment