Friday, September 21, 2012

Adira's poetry assignment


Still I rise
I love this poem “still I rise.” It gives you hope that even if you’re feeling down and feel like you’re alone it’s not a bad life just a bad day. It makes you keep dreaming for a better tomorrow and that one day you’ll turn to all the people that didn’t wish you well and who tried to push you down and say “watch me”. I think this poem is very effective it helps you keep believing in yourself and the future which is a theme in this poem.
There are many examples of imagery in this poem. My favorite of favorites is “'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines Diggin' in my own back yard.” I think it means that am I so happy and laugh as If I have no worries that it makes you want to hurt me? There are also many similes in “still I rise” but my favorite is at the end where it says “but still like air I rise” which means but still one day I will rise and be better then you!

No comments:

Post a Comment