Friday, September 21, 2012

Adam's poetry assignment


Still I Rise

I enjoyed the poem, as it did have the idea of rising from a downfall that I liked, such as;
You may trod me in the very dirt”
But still, like dust, I'll rise.”
This gave a sort of lasting impact on me, as it had a bit of relation for whenever I may be in a bad spot, or feels bad about some things; it has that sense of encouragement to be able to lift you out of it.  This poem also makes reference to today’s society, with the mention of people having an overuse/abundance of diamonds. It also talks about some of the types of aggression shown in our society, such as visual, emotional, and physical aggression towards other people. But despite the amount of negativity shown throughout, there is still the positive return. The Rising happens afterward, in every verse, using certain imagery such as “like air”, or “like hopes springing high”.

                                                                                                            -By Adam Trillwood

No comments:

Post a Comment