Monday, November 5, 2012

Adam's song comparison paragraph


Comparison: Lights VS Trouble is a Friend

Something that I can compare greatly between the two songs would be the comparison between the darkness of Lights & the idea of trouble from Trouble is a friend. In my opinion, they do contrast quite well. While the idea of the dark is meant to be fearful in Lights, trouble is brought on as more of a less-than-kind friend. Although it’s a difference, a great similarity can be found in the theme of the songs, there being that both trouble & the dark are sort of these ominous things that we don’t know 100% what to expect from them, and they can range from good to bad, but it’s still best to avoid them.

Trouble is a friend links to Lights through the line of; “He's there in the dark, he's there in my heart, He waits in the wings, he's gotta play a part Trouble is a friend, yeah trouble is a friend of mine” and “You show the lights that stop me turn to stone You shine it when I'm alone And so I tell myself that I'll be strong And dreaming when they're gone”. In my opinion, the connection links through the darkness leading to a sort of loneliness. This theme is the major component of the songs, and why I really like them so much, because they both play out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment